On the 6th of December 2018, District Apostle Michael Ehrich made his second visit to South Area, Nigeria, where he arrived at Ekpan, Delta State for a festive divine service. The service began at around 11:00 AM following more than two hours’ delay in Lagos. He was accompanied by Lead Apostle Nwogu, Apostle Ogboru Paul, Apostle Onwukwe Ernest and Apostle Odili Goddey.
The District Apostle conducted the divine service based on Psalm 143:10.
In his opening remarks, District Apostle Ehrich acknowledged the great oil deposit in Warri which shows God's presence, abundance and stability. He said that this signifies the Word of God which is abundant in the house of God and can be obtained in every divine service. This oil also is a symbol of the Holy Spirit.
Sharing his thoughts on the text word to the brothers and sisters, he said that God is greatly interested in us knowing and doing His will (Word). This is the reason God teaches us His will and also gives us the strength to do His will. He said that God gave us the Holy Spirit to lead us on the path to God’s will.
He went further to give examples of God's will. These include:
- to be holy, for God is holy
- to be sanctified, avoid sin, and learn to control our body in a way that is holy and honourable
- to strive for the kingdom of God and His righteousness
- to be humble and obedient
- to give thanks in all circumstances
- to pray continually and never to get tired
- to suffer for doing good than suffering for doing evil
- never to conform to the pattern of life in the present and evil world
- to give us His kingdom
- to dwell in faith, love, hope, and unity
- to forgive
- to proclaim the Gospel of salvation to our neighbor.
In conclusion, he exhorted everyone to let the Holy Spirit lead them to doing the will of God and never to be ashamed of the word of God.
Lead Apostle Nwogu Geoffrey and Apostle Ogboru Paul were called to serve. Two District Elders were retired. Three District Elders and Four District Evangelists were ordained. About six hundred (600) souls were in attendance.